“The Nine Spirituals” Part III
The 9 Spirituals
1 Corinthians 12:8-11
1 Cor 12:4 – gifts – charisma – means a gracious spiritual endowment leading to miraculous results……….
The Nine Spirituals Can Be Classified Into Three Groups:
1. gifts of revelation – those spirituals that reveal something
-discernment of spirits…words of wisdom and knowledge
2. gifts of power – those spirituals that do something
3. gifts of utterance – those spirituals that say something
-tongues…interpretation of tongues…prophecy
The Gifts Of Revelation
***These are the spirituals who reveal something
-discernment of spirits…word of wisdom…..word of knowledge
DISCERNMENT OF SPIRITS
***This spiritual is the supernatural ability to see the presence or activity of a spirit whether good or bad, demonic or a human being. It allows you to see into the spirit world.
-the Holy Spirit gives these spirituals – 1 Cor 12:11
-these spirituals are for today – Malachi 3:6
There are 4 main areas where this spiritual is used…………
(1) Discernment of spirits allows you to discern the spirit of a person – John 2:23-25
-it is not criticism, the ability to see faults in people. It is not wisdom..
-it helps you see the attitude and deception of people
(2) Discernment of spirits makes you aware of angelic deception – 2 Cor 11:3-4,14-15
Rev 12:3-4,9 – one third of the angels fell with Satan – these are demons…….
angels can speak and can say God things or evil things…….
(3) Discernment of spirits allows you to know that what is happening is from the Holy Spirit – Acts 13:1-12
-is it the move of the Holy Spirit or a counterfeit……Matt 7:15-23 & Acts 16:16-18
(4) Discernment of spirits allows us to know if a demonic power is present – Eph 6:10-18
-this is an invisible realm ——— I don’t understand…whats going on???????
-demons andy the devil are real……..
-Born again believers can never be demon possessed……..can be demon oppressed
Believers can be demon oppressed when they are not filled up – Galatians 5:16
Believers can be demon oppressed when they dabble in the occult – Deut 18:9-14
Believers can gain there attention of the enemy:
-through process and growth
-through being in a ministry that has spiritual leadership