Marriage and Wedding Policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND APPROVAL
We believe the Scriptures teach that marriage is an institution established by God, and that it is a lifetime commitment. We also believe an understanding of the biblical foundation for marriage is essential for any couple considering marriage. For those requesting Pre-Marriage Counseling, asking to be married, or inquiring about the use of our facilities, we require:
1. Both partners give clear testimony of being born-again believers, who personally trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and for eternal life.
2. Both partners be scripturally qualified to marry.
3. Both believing partners be committed to a Christian marriage as defined in the Bible, stating it to be between one man and one woman.
4. Both partners must be willing to complete our Pre-Marriage Counseling program.
5. The Bible states that a believer in Christ and an unbeliever are not to be unequally yoked or married. Therefore, marriage betweens non-belivers and believers will not be performed by any Pastor at Calvary Chapel Worship Center.
6. If people have been living together for a period of time and have come to repentance and want to be married they have to be taught the fundamental truth about Christian marriage and be married at an appropriate time.
7. Wedding ceremonies at Calvary Chapel Worship Center are Christian worship services
8. The use of the facilities at Calvary Chapel Worship Center are strictly restricted to worship services and events that hold Biblical standards.
Wedding Ceremony and the Church Facilities Use
1. Reserved dates for the wedding and rehearsal are dependent of Church availability and the couple is responsible for the arrangements with the Wedding Coordinator.
To reserve a date at CCWC please contact Deanna Barbin at 727.753.9580