Sermon Notes – 5/8 – Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day 2022
First Service – Revive – Deborahan Queen
The Definition of Revive- To bring back to life, to give new strength, to improve the position or conditions
1 Kings 17:17-24
- To Be Revived Don’t Play the Blame Game
1 Kings 17:18
* When we blow it we repent and we turn them to the ONLY PERFECT PARENT!!
* We can be confident that we serve a GOD that is bigger than our mistakes
* OUR children and families don’t have to live with the identity of our past or mistakes…
Turn to Genesis 3:12…
We Play the Blame game When we Blame…
- Our Past
- The generation before us
- Our Spouse
****Blaming just passing it off and it leaves us feeling defeated or puffed up and it solves Nothing!!!***
Instead We have to Receive the WORD…
How can we NOT Play the BLAME Game:
- We allow the Spirit to show us what we can do differently
- We Repent and make it right
- And we Move On!
We cant change people but we can change through the Power of the Spirit who lives in US!
- To Be Revived let GO and Let GOD!
1 Kings 17:19
* We have to do what we can and then let God do the rest
* We can spend so much time and energy trying to control behavior when in reality the issues are from the heart and ONLy God can change the heart
* I have a Responsibility to be responsible to God for my children and do what works best for us!
* LET GO and LET GOD be the one we ANSWER TOO!!
To Be Revived Let go and let them grow through Disappointment or failure
* Jesus doesn’t always rescue us from all our failure but never leaves us and helps us grow
* We don’t have to have all the answers ONLY Jesus does
* Unsolicited advice can be taken as criticism
Go through your spiritual check list…
- To Be Revived be around People of PRAYER
i Kings 17:20-24
PRAYER CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!
Don’t give up
God is the only hope for any of our children
It is absolutely impossible to stay revived in our relationship with the Lord and not have a strong prayer life
Second Service – Angi Magoulis
Life Lesson #1- Before speaking….truly listen.
Meaning of Astonishing : extremely surprising, impressive, rare
John 2: 1-11
Life Lesson #2- Bring EVERY situation to Jesus. And listen for His direction.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
Mary treasured each lesson Jesus taught her in her heart.
Meaning of Treasure: value above all else and motivates action.
Third Service – Charlene Campos
HE IS ABLE
READ WITH ME
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21
We know God’s Word says He is ABLE but what is our part in receiving this promise?
3 practical steps to receive this promise of God.
1st thing we have to do – In Ephesians 3:20 All we have to do is ask we need to….
Let’s back it up to Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3:14-20
For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
He is ABLE to Answer!
Power of prayer – Paul’s prayer
- they would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit,
- they would be rooted and grounded in love and be able to comprehend what is the width, depth, and height of His love
- It was after his prayer on his knees that he shared NOW to HIM who is ABLE!!!
- He knew God was going to answer and do even more than what he was asking and thinking.
- Being Filled with the fullness of God – This word paints the picture of a ship full of cargo and crew, and a town with no empty houses. It strongly emphasizes fullness and completion.
- When you’re filled with God you know His heart, His love, His will, His power, you believe He is able!
- Us moms, church we need to be filled with God every day to take care of our family
- We need the power of God in our lives
ABLE – combines power and willingness.
2nd thing we have to do is – You have to believe He is able
#2. BELIEVE “ He is Able to heal”
Matthew 9:28-29 “And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?
Vs29 AMP ” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.”” Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith [your trust and confidence in My power and My ability to heal] it will be done to you.”
- Believe – To have full faith and confidence in Jesus. It’s not just in your mind.
- Stand on His promise
- Get rid of doubt and don’t listen to doubting people
- Get in the Word and know His promise – faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God
- Remember His Word even when it doesn’t look like its possible
- Declare and pray His Word- it is His perfect will
- Have faith people pray with you
What are you believing for?
THE PROMISE – Romans 4:20-21 talking about Abraham – , “Yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.”
3rd thing we have to do is…
#3.RECEIVE – Time of Ministry & Altar call
God is faithful and He is able
- God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
- We have to let go of the past so we can receive the promises of God.
He is ABLE to save
Hebrews 7:25 says, “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”