1 Peter 3:1-7
There are some things we need to understand when it comes to family…….
1.) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY THE LORD CAN CHANGE ANYONE – Ephesians 3:20
-only Jesus can change people
How can we be changed when it comes to the family?
1. Make a decision to change yourself – 1 Cor 11:28
-we can only change ourselves
2. Pray for the Lord to change the rest of the family
-release them to the Lord
-the Lord is changing people by faith
3. Behavior changes people – 1 Peter 3:1-7
-do right no matter who does wrong…….please the Lord……..
2.) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAPPINESS AND JOY – Nehemiah 8:10
Happiness is based on circumstances and how we feel
Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit that grows in a believer and is not based on feelings. It is strength for the believer at all times
REMEMBER 2 THINGS:
1. NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU COMPLETELY HAPPY EXCEPT JESUS
WHAT DO WE DO?
1. Declare the truth
2. Do not use the devils language
2. THINGS WIL LNOT BRING HAPPINESS
-Only Jesus satisfies
3.) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PROBLEMS IN A FAMILY – Philippians 2:5
-Problems include Attitudes –
What is an attitude? It is an inward feeling expressed by outward behavior
-body language…rolling the eyes…folding the arms…
1. Understand that your attitude is your problem – Luke 15:21
-our attitude is not caused by anyone or anything else
2. An attitude is changed by an act of your will – Prov 1:28-33
-prayer will not change your attitude…an act of your will changes your attitude
3. Watch out who you associate with – Psalm 1:1-3
-only hang out with people who have great attitudes…….
-Jesus had a great attitude all of the time