Colossians 1:9-14 – Paul’s prayer for the Colosse church
*** That the believer may be filled with spiritual understanding.”
*When it comes to family issues, there are many things that we need to understand……..
(1) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THE #1 NEED FOR EVERY MAN AND WOMAN
A. THE WOMAN – Proverbs 31:28-29
* Every woman’s #1 need is affection…….
– What is affection?
****** kindness, holding hands, tenderness, undivided attention, regular date nights
Blast off and Re-entry
– This is when the husband and wife leave in the morning and come back together at night
Blast Off – Husbands – when the husband is ready to leave for work
review your day
-help with children when possible
-tell everyone you love them with Hugs
Re-entry – Husbands – this is when the husband returns home
– Look for your wife & greet her
– Prepare yourself in every way on the way home
B. THE MAN – 1 Peter 3:5-6 & Proverbs 31:12
* Every man’s #1 need is admiration
Admire – means to honor, esteem, value and appreciate
How should a man be admired?
1. Find something the man does well and verbalize it
2. Speak good things about the man in private and public – always be encouraging
3. Celebrate his successes and not his failures
4. Let you husband know there is a future ahead
(2) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT CHANGE ANOTHER PERSON – Isaiah 58:9 & 1 Cor 11:28
– There is not one thing we can do to change anyone.
– People have the POWER OF CHOICE
– We cannot change our spouses. So what can we do:
(1) Change yourself
(2) Do what is right
(3) Give your partner to the Lord
(4) Realize you will never be tempted with more than you can handle – 1 Cor 10:13
(5) Marry the right person
(3) WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY JESUS CAN SATISFY – Psalm 103:1-5
– No one and nothing can satisfy you fully. Only Jesus satisfies…….
– The word satisfy means to fill up – only Jesus satisfies us and fills us up
– If you are saved and not satisfied, then you are in the flesh and not filled up.