Prayer (2016) Part Three
The Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed by your name…..
Hallowed – means to be holy
a. the word Holy means to be set apart
-the names of God are set apart from any other god
b. the word Holy means to be honored and treated with respect
c. The word Holy means to lift up, extol and glorify
-we are to praise the Lord and tell others about His greatness
***The Lord’s Prayer starts off with praise and then ends with Praise……..
PRAISE WARS GOING ON
(1) Emotional Praise Wars – growing into adulthood can be dangerous. We equate maturity with a lack of emotional expression…
(2) Enemy Praise Wars – the enemy causes us to value our self image more highly than authentic praise the honors God
(3) Event Praise Wars – we live on earth and then there is a bend in the road – a very difficult time hits
How is our praise supposed to be?
“On earth as it is in heaven”
v8 – musical instruments
v9 – singing
v12 – loud voices
v13 – everyone – all people and angels are worshipping Him
(1) PRAISE REVEALS OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH AND VIEW OF HIM – PHIL 3:10
Father – means one who nourishes and protects
-the Bible states who our Father is
Praise reveals the depth of our relationship with God……Phil 3:10
-I know the lord personally very well now for 43 years…
There is a real connection between what we believe or don’t believe and how we worship…
(2) PRAISE CHANGES OUR ATTITUDE – Isaiah 61:1-5
-praise cannot coexist with anger, bad attitudes, bitterness etc
-You can Praise things out of your life…….
-Our praise starts off as an act of obedience….
Put on a garment of praise – Isaiah 61:3 ( a spirit of despair)
a. a garment is something you must put on………
(3) DO NOT ALLOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TO KEEP YOU FROM WORSHIPPING THE LORD – 1 Peter 4:12-13
-we all have issues, sins and dysfunctions that we are fighting and will always fight until we get to heaven…
-praise the Lord anyway and daily
-do not dwell on your negatives, but on your positives
-we have more positives than negatives