Crying Out (2016) Part I
-One of the main ways to pray in the Bible is by crying out…..
-the Lord wants your heart and your voice – Isaiah 40:9…Psalm 142:1-2…Psalm 116:1-2
Ps 55:17 – cry aloud – speaks of a loud roar
Ps 18:6 – cried out – speaks of a high pitched shout for help
Ps 34:17 – this is an actual shriek
Ps 61:1-2 – cry – this speaks of a ringing shrill voice
(1) THE PRINCIPLE OF CRYING OUT BRINGS DELIVERANCE – EX 3:2 & 14:10
-Israel cried out for deliverance from Egypt
(2) THE PRINCIPLE OF CRYING OUT BRINGS RELIEF IN AN HOUR OF NEED – Psalm 50:15 & Jonah 2:2
-we all experience times of trouble and hours of crisis
-Psalm 50:15 – “you will glorify me” – you will say God did it…
(3) THE PRINCIPLE OF CRYING OUT IS EFFECTIVE FOR OTHERS AS WELL AS OURSELVES – 1 Samuel 7:8-9
-Samuel ruled over Israel and was a Judge of Israel – v15
-Israel was away from the Lord
***Their enemies – the Philistines – had inroads into their society and lives until they cried out – v13
***they worshipped false gods – vs3-4 – after crying out things changed
***they walked away from the lord – vs3,6 – after prayer they repented
v1 – the Word of the Lord
-came to Jeremiah personally
-it came the second time – when something is from the lord it keeps coming at you
-Jeremiah was thrown into prison for prophesying the truth and being a voice
v2 – the established Jerusalem and His promises and is the doer of them
-You can count on the Lord – the Lord is His name……..
v3 since He created all things and keeps His promises – you can call on the Lord
-this is an invitation to pray
-call to me – means to cry out…to shout…to speak out…calling outlaid to get someones attention
Why Call Out?
1. Desperate times call for desperate measures
2. Silence in scriptures except for a couple of times always refers to death
3. God limits Himself to our prayers
What Will The Lord Do When We Call On Him?
(1) HE WILL ANSWER US…….Psalm 66:19-20
-just not the way you want it to be answered
-just not fast enough for you
-calling on the Lord requires patience and waiting – v14 – “Behold the days are coming”
-so thank Him for what He has done, is doing and will do….
(2) HE WILL SHOW YOU GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS WHICH YOU DO NOT KNOW –
-things for the future