v1 – Israel is now back with the Lord and their prayers can be answered – John 15:7
They prayed and asked for physically rain – we must pray and ask for spiritual rain…
Why do we need spiritual rain? 1 Chronicles 12:32
a. concerning the church
b. concerning our nation
c. concerning the return of the Lord
What is spiritual rain?
– The blessings, presence, refreshing and goodness of the Lord…
– But it is also the Lord Himself : The Lord Is The Rain————Hosea 6:3
– We must worship the Rainmaker and not the blessings of the rain…..
– When the Lord comes He comes for everyone – Zech 10:1
– He is not a respecter of persons – to see ones face……
WHAT IS SPIRITUAL RAIN FOR?
(1) Spiritual Rain Is For The Harvest – Dt 11:13-17
– Lets not worship idols – the idol of self
– Dt 11:17 – the Lord shuts off the rain if we are not involved in the harvest
REMEMBER: YOU ARE EITHER A MISSIONARY OR A MISSION FIELD…….
(2) Spiritual Rain forms a Rainbow – Genesis 9:8-17
-a rainbow is a combination of water droplets and the sun
– It is a sign of the promises of God
(3) CONDITIONS OF RAIN – Zechariah 10:1
There are several kinds of rain…….
a. floods – we do not want floods
b. intense rain – these are larger size raindrops that have more impact energy
– When you have an intense problem, there can be intense rain to handle it
c. drizzle – these are smaller than normal raindrops ——– the latter rain
Certain ingredients must be present for it to rain…
Certain spiritual ingredients must be present if we are to receive spiritual rain… Lets list some of these ingredients:
1. THE GLORY AND THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD
– Clouds represent the presence of the Lord
– Glory – speaks of weight – we can feel the weight of His presence on our lives
2. A SPIRIT OF EXPECTATION
– Expect – means to look for something
– Acts 3:5
3. PRAYER – 2 Chronicles 7:14
– The Holy Spirit is a Spirit of prayer
4. FAITH – believing the Lord no matter what it look like
5. FASTING – means to abstain
– Abstain from food and only drink water
6. REPENTANCE – a 180 degree turn away from sin and to the lord
7. ENDURANCE – we will not give up or quit, but persevere